Create an App in Facebook for SSO
This article will walk you through creating an App in Facebook.
- Enter the URL https://developers.facebook.com/apps in your web browser.
- Upon doing so you shall land on the secure login page as shown in Figure 1.
- Enter your credentials and click the "Log In" button as shown in Figure 1.
- After your entered credentials are successfully authenticated, you shall land on the Home Page as shown in Figure 2.
- From the "My Apps" drop menu click the link "Add a New App" as shown in Figure 2. Upon doing so, a pop-up will appear prompting you to enter the "Display Name", "Contact Email" and "Category". Enter the requisite details and click the "Create App ID button as shown in Figure 3.
Note: During the process Facebook will ask you to authenticate using an image-based captcha in order to create the App ID.
- After the successful creation of the App ID, the system will redirect to the application dashboard where you can find the "App ID" and the "App Secret" as shown in Figure 4.
- Once the "App ID" and the "App Secret" is created, click on the "Website" tab as shown in Figure 5. Enter your application url in the "Site URL" textbox and click the "Save Changes" button. Here your "Site URL" will be "https://your_base_url/osf/lib/hybridauth/?hauth.done=Facebook".