Creating different TAX Rates within Your WordPress Admin Panel
Login to your WordPress account using your admin credential as shown in Figure 1.
Go to 'WooCommerce' section and click 'Setting' from the admin menu as shown in Figure 2.
Under the 'Setting', click on the tab 'General' and then click the checkbox 'Enable Taxes' and click the button 'Save Changes' as shown in Figure 3.
Once you do this, you will find a new tab called 'Tax' in the list page as shown in Figure 4.
Go to 'Tax' tab and in the 'Tax Options' page make the changes as per your requirement listed below:
- Click the radio button 'Prices entered with tax' as 'No, I will enter prices exclusive of tax'.
- Choose 'Calculate tax based on' as 'Customer shipping address'. By doing this the tax rate will be applicable to the product as per the shipping address.
- Choose 'Shipping tax class' as 'Shipping tax class based on cart items'.
- Click on the check box 'Rounding' if you want to round up the final tax.
- By default two 'Additional tax classes' are added. If you want to add more tax classes, enter the class name in a new line in the text area.
- Choose 'Display prices in the shop' as 'Excluding Tax'. By doing this the price in the product details page will be shown excluding the tax amount.
- Choose 'Display prices during cart and checkout' as 'Excluding Tax'.
- Enter the 'Price display suffix' as 'Price Excluding Tax'. By doing this the price in the product details page will be associated with the text as 'Price Excluding Tax' for the users.
- Choose 'Display tax totals' as 'Itemized'. By doing this all the taxes will be shown individually in the proceed to payment page.
Click the button 'Save changes' in order to apply the setting as shown in Figure 5.
Go to 'Standard Rates' and click the button 'Insert Row' in order to add tax rates. You can add multiple rows here.
Enter the details tax rates in each rows like 'Country Code', 'State Code', 'Postal / ZIP', 'City', 'Rates in %' and 'Tax Name' as shown in Figure 7.
Click the button 'Save changes' in order to apply the setting as shown in Figure 7.
Go to 'Products' menu and choose the product in which you want to add the tax rates.
In the 'Product data' section, select the 'Tax Status' as 'Taxable' and 'Tax Class' as 'Standard' from the drop menu as shown in Figure 8.
Click the button 'Update' in order to apply the setting.
Once this is done, go to the product page in the website and click the product details link. You can now find the word 'Price Excluding Tax' after the product price as shown in Figure 9.
Add the product to cart and go to billing page by clicking the button 'Proceed to Checkout' from the cart page. Here when you enter the address as defined in the tax class, you will find the tax rates showing in the order details table as shown in Figure 10.