Create an App on the Microsoft Application Registration Portal for SSO
This article will walk you through creating an App in Microsoft.
- Enter the URL https://apps.dev.microsoft.com in your web browser.
- Upon doing so you shall land on the secure landing page. Click the "Go to app list" button as shown in Figure 1.
- Enter your credentials and click the "Sign in" button as shown in Figure 2.
- After your entered credentials are successfully authenticated, you shall land on the Home Page as shown in Figure 3.
- Click on the "Add an app" button as shown in Figure 3.
- Upon doing so, a pop-up will appear prompting you to enter the name of the App. Enter the app name and click the "Create application" button to proceed further as shown in Figure 4.
- Once the application is created, you will find the registration details of the application along with the Application ID as shown in Figure 5.
- Now you need to create the "Application Secrets". To do so click on the "Generate New Password" button as shown above. Once you click the button a pop-up screen will appear displaying the generated one time password as shown below. Copy the password and save it securely. Then click the "Ok" button as shown in Figure 6.
- Now click the "Generate New Key Pair" button and a pop-up will appear where you will have to enter the previously generated password as shown below. Enter the password and click the "Ok" button to proceed further as shown in Figure 7.
- Now when you go to the application registration page, you will find the "Application Password" and "Private Key" as shown in Figure 8.