Create an App in Twitter for SSO
This article will walk you through creating an App in Twitter.
- Enter the URL https://apps.twitter.com/ in your web browser.
- Upon doing so you shall land on the secure login page as shown in Figure 1.
- Enter your credentials and click the "Log in" button as shown in Figure 2.
- Click on the "Create New App" button as shown in Figure 2. Once you click the button, the Create an application page will open where you need to fill in the requisite details like "App Name", "Description", "Website" and "Callback URL" as shown in Figure 3. Here your Callback Url will be "https://your_base_url/osf/lib/hybridauth/?hauth.done=Twitter". Then click the "Create your Twitter Application" button and system will create the application for you.
- Once the application is created, you can find the same on the dashboard as shown in Figure 4.
- To view the application details, click on the application name from the dashboard as shown in Figure 5. Upon doing so, the application details page will appear, where you can find four different tabs named "Details", "Setting", "Keys & Access Tokens" and "Permissions".
- Click on the "Keys & Access Tokens" tab to view the API Key and the API Secret as shown in Figure 6.
- To generate the Access Token and Access Token Secret for the application, click on the "Create my access token" button as shown in Figure 6.
- Upon doing so the system will generate and display the Access Token and Access Token Secret as shown n Figure 7.