Get Started with the Framework
PHP5 with PHP Data Object (PDO) enabled, with any relational database that is supported by PDO. For more details about PDO, please refer to the official documentation.
Download the latest stable release of the Batoi Framework in the ZIP file from the Download page.
Installing Batoi Framework is quite easy and fast. Please follow the instructions below to install the Batoi Framework - a task of a few minutes.
1. Download the Batoi Framework ZIP from the Download page and unzip into any folder or subfolder in your webroot ("webroot" is the parent folder or directory in your PC or server which can be accessed through
2. Go to the URL
http://your-domain/folder1/folder2/.../folderN/osf/install. Upon doing so, the system will open the "Application Setup" page as shown below.
3. Click on the "Click to begin Setup" button as shown above. Upon doing so you will be taken to a page to fill in the details of your application as shown below. Fill in the requisite details and click the "Submit" button.
4. Upon doing so the system will install the application for you and you will land on a success screen with the access details of your application as shown below.
- Check your application URL (where you are going to develop your new application) is correct. If you find any disparity, please rectify it at this point. Make sure that the URL does not have a
/at the end.
admin(case-sensitive) is the superuser who can access the Batoi Framework IDE and can develop, manage, and access the entire application. This user gets such a right through a default role assigned to it -
Administrator. Neither this username nor its association with the role
Administratorcan be modified.
Currently, the Batoi Framework prescribes use of PHP Data Object (PDO) as the data-access abstraction layer and prepared statements for querying databases. An example of DSN for MYSQL (by PDO and consequently by the Batoi Framework) is:
- Table-prefix will be a string that will be prepended to each table in the database. In case of the Batoi Framework system tables, they will be automatically done. In case of the new tables you create, make sure that you do the same.
Once you are done with the development of the application, you can remove the
/idefolder on your live site if you wish - this will not affect the working of your live site in any way. You can always upload this folder at any later stage if you would like to modify your application.
Once you install, you are done with your application setup, security procedures, access privilege settings, and sign-in forms. Now, sign in at your Batoi Framework IDE to start developing your application. You can find all requisite information on the Batoi Framework Reference Guide available online to read and download.