If My Website or Email or Application Is Blocked at Batoi Cloud, What Should I Do?
Why is my IP blocked by Batoi?
Batoi uses IP address blocks on its web server firewall to prevent hacking, spamming and other attacks on your account. While this may seem annoying at time, this is implemented only for your online protection and security.
The IP blockage generally occurs when the server receives any unusual request. This may be one of the followings.
- Brute Force Attack: A method to gain unauthorised access to a website; when someone tries usernames and passwords, over and over again.
- Wrong Email Access: When someone sends request to the server to download emails using wrong access details (password).
- Wrong cPanel Access: When someone tries to access the cPanel using wrong access details.
- HT Access: If the website's code in the .htaccess file is not correct.
- Wrong Scripts: Using incorrect script in the website files.
- Spam Emails: If someone sends spam emails intentionally or unintentionally (through a virus infected system).
- ISP IP Block: If you use a dynamic IP address that is shared by others.
If you think this is the case, please visit myip.batoi.com to find out your IP address. Then contact our Support team to check and remove the IP from the block list.
Note: Having your IP address unblocked once is not a permanent solution. If the firewall continues to see activities that look suspicious, your IP may get blocked again. So to avoid your IP address from getting blocked, ensure that you use the correct settings and login credentials for your services like email, cPanel logins or FTP access.