Installing Opendelight is quite easy and fast. Please follow the instructions below to install the framework - a task of a few minutes.
- Download the Opendelight ZIP from the Download page and unzip it into any folder or subfolder in your webroot (
webrootis the parent folder or directory in your PC or server which can be accessed through HTTP).
- Go to the URL
- Click the Click to begin the Setup button to set up your application and you will be taken to a page to fill in the details of your application. Fill in the requisite details and click the Submit button.
- Check your application URL (where you are going to develop your new application) is correct. If you find any disparity, please rectify it at this point. Make sure that the URL does not have a
/at the end.
- The username
admin(case-sensitive) is the superuser who can access the Opendelight IDE and can develop, manage, and access the entire application. This user gets such a right through a default role assigned to it -
Administrator. Neither this username nor its association with the role
Administratorcan be modified.
- Currently, the Opendelight prescribes the use of PHP Data Object (PDO) as the data-access abstraction layer and prepared statements for querying databases. An example of DSN for MYSQL (by PDO and consequently by the Opendelight) is:
<table_prefix>will be a string that will be prepended to each table in the database. In the case of the Opendelight system tables, they will be automatically done. In case of the new tables you create, make sure that you do the same.
- Once you are done with the development of the application, you can remove the
/idefolder on your live site if you wish - this will not affect the working of your live site in any way. You can always upload this folder at any later stage if you would like to modify your application.
Once you install, you are done with your application setup, security procedures, access privilege settings, and sign-in forms. Now, sign in at your Opendelight IDE to start developing your application. You can find all requisite information on the comprehensive documentation available online to read and download.
Upgrading Opendelight is quite easy and fast. Please follow the following steps to upgrade the Opendelight:
- Download the Opendelight ZIP from the website and overwrite the respective files/folders:
/ideand all files inside it
/liband all files inside it