This tutorial will guide you through the steps to create an article and get it published in an existing magazine in Batoi Space. This option requires approvals from the Editor (if available) and Publisher of the magazine for going live.
Login to your Batoi Dashboard.
Click the My Publications as shown below.
- Then click on Posts in Draft as shown below.
- Click on the Add Post button as shown below.
- Enter a title in the available field. This will be the title of your post.
Enter your post content in the available field. While adding or editing a post in Phytoon.com, you can embed an image or a PDF document or even a file archive.
Once you have entered your information, scroll down, and you shall see three buttons as mentioned below.
- Save as Draft: Click to save your article without having to publish it immediately. This way, you can work on it as much as you want and publish it only when ready. Here you will be on the Add/Edit page of the article .
- Save as Draft & Exit: Click to save your article without publishing it publicly. Here, you will be exited out of the Add/Edit page of the article.
- Save and Proceed to Publish: Click to save your article and to proceed to publish.
On the next page, choose Other Magazines and click on the Save & Proceed for Approval’ button below.
In the next page select the magazine to which you would like to submit your article. This page also allows you to add/edit the following information about your article. We shall discuss briefly each below.
- Subtitle (Optional)
- Feature Image
- Feature Image Caption
A text that comes after the domain name as a part of your permalink leads to your content. Although it is automatically set, it is not always recommended to leave it like that. The default slug may not be friendly for both search engines and humans.
Before setting your slug, you have to know the two basic rules:
- Replace spaces with hyphens (-)
- Use only lowercase letters.
It is an introduction paragraph where you provide a brief overview of your post.
It helps you visually represent the content for your readers. It appears on your portfolio as thumbnails and at the top of your article.
Click on the Upload to browse an image (should be less than 350 KB) from your local system that you want to upload.
To create a featured image, pick the image background colour and text colour, and set the image text and font size. Then click on the Create and Save Image button.
It is the text that appears beneath your featured image, usually to give it additional context or to provide source attribution.
It is used to sort and group your articles.
- Open Access: Can be accessed by everyone
- Member-only Access?: Is accessible to specific users
Once you are done, click on the Submit for Approval button.
A pop-up will appear, wherein you can type in your submission notes. Once done, click on the OK button to proceed further or Cancel button to close the pop-up.
Once your post is submitted for approval, it needs to be approved by the Editor (if assigned) of the magazine. Then it will go to the Publisher of the magazine for approval. If approved, your article will go live.