Hyundai is a South Korean multinational automotive manufacturer with over 1.6 million unit production capacity in South Korea alone.
It is claimed to be the second-largest exporter of cars in India since Hyundai groups have two production units, one in Tamil Nadu and one in Hyderabad.
Hyundai entered the Indian market with the much affordable Santro segment enabling many Indians to be proud owners of cars.
Since then Hyundai has steadily managed to get into the Indian households through their wide segment of hatchbacks, sedans and SUVs. Here are the top 10 Hyundai car models in India in 2020.
A household name that revolutionised hatchbacks, Hyundai Santro still remains a favourite among affordable cars to buy.
Latest Hyundai models are equipped with Automated Manual Transmission. It is powered by a BS6 1.1-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine, producing a power of 69PS and a torque of 99Nm.
The exquisite 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system comes with MirrorLink, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, rear parking camera & sensors, and rear AC vents. It has a seating capacity of 5.
- Mileage: 20.3 kmpl
- Price ( Ex-showroom price Delhi): Rs. 4.57 – 6.25 Lakh
- CC: 1086
Hyundai Grand i10
An affordable substitute for Maruti’s Swift and Ford’s Figo, Hyundai Grand i10 is an all-rounder hatchback. It comes with a BS6 1.2-litre petrol engine producing 83PS and 114Nm torque.
The transmission system consists of a 5-speed manual gearbox. It is replete with a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, keyless entry, a rear parking camera, rear defogger, and tilt-adjustable steering. The seating capacity is 5.
- Mileage: 19kmpl
- Price ( Ex-showroom price Delhi) : Rs. 5.89 – 5.99 Lakh*
- CC: 1197
Hyundai Elite i20
Another well-spacious all-rounder from the Korean carmaker, Hyundai Elite i20 has a well-designed interior complemented with some great features.
The BS6 1.2-litre petrol engine puts forth a speed of 83 PS and 114Nm torque. The ride quality and the refined engine and gearbox setup has pulled up the stature of Hyundai Elite i20 from the previous mediocre model.
The wireless charging, rear parking camera, and automatic climate control with rear AC vents, automatic projector headlamps with LED DRLs and positioning lamps are the additional features that make i20 an appealing hatchback choice.
- Mileage: 18.6kmpl
- Price ( Ex-showroom price Delhi) : Rs.6.49 – 8.3 Lakh
- CC: 1197
Hyundai Venue is another milestone from the car manufacturer. With each new model, Hyundai manages to wow its customers. Hyundai Venue plays the role of being the ideal family SUV well.
It comes in five variants: E, S, SX, SX+, and SX (O). What sets apart this vehicle is Hyundai’s BlueLink connected car technology. With this, you can easily track your vehicle’s telematics. You can also control the features with an app on your smartphone.
The auto climate control, rear AC vents, wireless mobile charging, cruise control, push-button start/stop, an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system are some of the other features integrated into this amazing SUV. Bonus points for the sunroof. Seating capacity is 5.
- Mileage: 18.15kmpl
- Price ( Ex-showroom price Delhi) : Rs. 6.69 – 11.5 Lakh
- CC: 998
Hyundai’s Xcent manages to make a breakthrough in the segment of sedans ruled by Maruti Dzire. It comes in both petrol and diesel variants. The 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder diesel engine produces 75PS and 190Nm whereas the 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine gives 83PS and 114Nm.
While the diesel variant has 5-speed manual transmission, the petrol variant has 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic transmission. The 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system comes with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Besides it also has electrically foldable and adjustable ORVMs and rear parking cameras. The seating capacity is 5.
- Mileage: 25.4kmpl
- Price ( Ex-showroom price Delhi) : Rs. 5.81 – 8.75 Lakh
- CC: 1186
Verna ticks all the right boxes in the sedan segment, making it one of the most affordably built car. It comes in three variants:
- 1.5-litre petrol engine with 115PS, 144Nm and 6-speed MT or CVT
- 1.5-litre diesel with 115PS, 250Nm and 6-speed MT or a 6-speed AT
- 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine with 120PS/172Nm and 7-speed DC
It has a semi-digital instrumentation centre. Other features are hands-free boot opening, a sunroof, tyre pressure monitoring system, and front parking sensors. Its seating capacity is 5.
- Mileage: 21.3kmpl
- Price ( Ex-showroom price Delhi) : Rs. 9.3 – 15.09 Lakh
- CC: 1493
Hyundai launched Creta in the hopes of conquering the SUV market which was otherwise ruled by Kia Seltos. The 1.5-litre BS6 engine petrol variant provides 115PS power and 144Nm torque whereas the 1.5-litre diesel variant gives a 115PS and 250Nm, and the 1.4-litre turbo-petrol gives a 140PS and 242Nm combo.
The petrol and diesel variants are marked by the 6-speed manual transmission and the turbo variant with a 7-speed DCT. The 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system provides complete connectivity inside the car. Seating capacity is 5.
- Mileage: 18.5kmpl
- Price ( Ex-showroom price Delhi) :Rs. 9.99 – 17.2 Lakh
- CC: 1493
Tuscon received a huge facelift in 2019 to better catch hold of the SUV segment. It comes with BS6-compliant 2.0-litre petrol engine with 6-speed AT and diesel engine with 8-speed automatic transmission. The former produces 152PS and 192Nm and the latter 185PS and 400Nm.
The 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay is complemented with other amazing features such as panoramic sunroof, and electric parking brake, rain-sensing wipers, 18-inch alloy wheels, etc. It has a spacious seating capacity of 5.
- Mileage: 18.42kmpl
- Price ( Ex-showroom price Delhi) :Rs. 22.3 – 27.03 Lakh
- CC: 1995
Elantra brings in a dash of European style to the otherwise mundanely designed D-segment sedans. Elantra is equipped with a BS6-compliant 2.0-litre petrol engine that produces 152PS of power and 192Nm of torque.
It has a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic transmission( you can choose either variant). The diesel variant has a 1.5-litre diesel engine with 115PS power and 250Nm torque. The 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system comes with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Furthermore, there are dual-zone climate control, a sunroof, wireless charging, and an Infinity sound system. It can comfortably seat 5.
- Price ( Ex-showroom price Delhi) :Rs. 17.59 – 20.64 Lakh
- CC: 1498
Hyundai Santa Fe
Santa Fe is another luxury SUV from the Korean carmaker. The 4 cylinder 2.2 CRDi H-matic engine provides 194hp power and 437 Nm torque. It is touted to get a massive facelift in 2020.
It is equipped with a 6-system automatic transmission. It has a feature-rich cabin and great riding and handling capacity. It can comfortably seat 5.
- Price ( Ex-showroom price Delhi) : Rs. 28 – 31 Lakh
- CC: 2199
- Santa Fe Facelift: Santa Fe is expected to get a major facelift in the year 2020. With a price range expected between 27-33 lakhs, major exterior and power up-gradation are expected. It could have a BAS6 2.2 litres, 4cylinder turbocharged diesel engine that can power up to 202 PS and 441Nm torque. It will come in both manual and automatic transmission.
- Verna Facelift:
- Verna is another Hyundai segment that will be getting the facelift this year. The latest version has already been released in China and Russia. It is expected to have new age cascading grille, new bumper, dual-tone alloy wheels. It will come in two variants:
- 1-1ltr turbo petrol mated with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
- A BS6 1.5 ltr petrol & diesel engine.
For both the variants, manual and CVT transmission will be available. Interior will also see an up-gradation with the 4.2-inch digital instrument cluster, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
- Hyundai Sonata: Hyundai Sonata is expected to be a hybrid model with a 6-speed transmission system that will be available with a solar panel rood. Prices in the range of 21 lakhs, it will also have: Rear/front collision avoidance assist, active shift control, Lane follow assist system, etc.
- Hyundai Palisade: This premium 8 seater SUV will be soon coming to India after its successful launch in the USA. The 3.8-litre V6 Petrol engine will be mated with an 8-speed transmission system.
- Car insurance - Get yourself a Hyundai Car insurance along with your Hyundai Car. It is mandatory to have car insurance while driving on Indian roads. Otherwise, you will have to pay a fine of Rs.2000/- for a first-time offence and Rs.4000-/ for the subsequent offences.
Here are 8 things you should look for before you buy a car insurance policy
- Compare the benefits with other insurers – Compare different insurance policies from different insurers to get the best out of the premium you pay. Some insurers offer discounts during seasonal offers and other perks for first-time customers.
- Buy a policy online rather than with an agent – An agent can only offer you a limited number of features while buying a policy with him. But if you are buying online, you can easily compare different types of policies with different benefits. The process of buying will also be easier and cheaper online.
5 benefits of renewing your car insurance online
- Claim settlement ratio of the insurer – Opt for an insurer with a higher claim settlement ratio. Claim settlement ratio is the ratio of the number of claims accepted to the total number of claims submitted. Higher this ratio, better will be the chances of your claim getting approved.
- Premium vs the coverage while buying car insurance - Check the premium amount against the coverage offered for your insurance policy before buying it. A Lower premium could sometimes translate to lesser coverage. Opting for a high premium when you don’t require such comprehensive coverage can also be done away with. Take the help of a car insurance premium calculator for this.