(Last Updated: November 17, 2012. Effective from: December 1, 2012)
Batoi trademarks are extremely valuable because they represent the standards of excellence and consistent quality associated with Batoi. This page contains detailed information about how to refer to Batoi trademarks in different scenarios.
Using Batoi Trademarks in Text
Proper use of Batoi trademarks is important. You may use Batoi trademarks or product names to refer to Batoi products and services provided you follow these guidelines. Your use must not mislead consumers as to any Batoi sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement of your company, or of your products or services.
Properly Identify Batoi Brand Products
When referring to Batoi software and products, apply the appropriate trademark symbols in accordance with the list of current Batoi trademarks.
Set Batoi Trademarks Apart from Other Words or Nouns They Modify
The common way to set trademarks apart from other words or nouns is to capitalize the product name and use the appropriate trademark symbol and appropriate descriptor. You may also underlining, italic type, or bold type for the name. Examples:
Correct: After subscribing to Batoi® Apps
Incorrect: After subscribing to Batoi Apps
Use Trademark Notices
Include an attribution of Batoi ownership of the trademark(s) in the credit notice section of your documentation or advertisement. Follow this format:
Batoi and Opendelight are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Batoi SYSTEMS PRIVATE LIMITED in India.
Do Not Use Inappropriate Descriptors
Batoi trademarks identify specific products and services. Do not refer to software applications, services, or hardware devices that work with Batoi products incorrectly. For example, do not refer to external products or services that work with the Batoi Cloud Platform as "Batoi Apps," "Batoi services," or "Batoi System." If necessary, these types of products can be referred to by their relationship to the Batoi by inserting the word "based" between the name Batoi and the type of product designed to work with Batoi.
Correct: AppABC is a Batoi®–based application.
Incorrect: AppABC is a Batoi application.
Do Not Use Batoi Trademarks in the Possessive or Plural Form
Batoi trademarks should never be used in the possessive or plural form. They should be introduced as a proper adjective followed by an appropriate descriptor.
Correct: This report was created using Batoi® App.
Incorrect: We have included some Batoi Apps in our reports.
Additional Guidelines for Advertising Collateral, Marketing, and Product Packaging
You may use the names of Batoi products and services on packaging, on Websites, and in advertising materials to indicate your product's compatibility with a specific Batoi product or service, provided the reference complies with the guidelines herein and the specifications below.
Any use of a Batoi logo to indicate compatibility must be pursuant to a logo license under one of the Batoi Logo Programs:
- You may use Batoi trademarks in referential phrases such as "Works with Batoi," "Runs on Batoi," and "For use with Batoi."
- Do not use any Batoi trademarks as your product name, service name, or company name.
- Do not use product, service, or company names that could be confused with any Batoi trademark.
- Do not mimic or copy Batoi product packaging, advertising, or trade dress.
- Do not use Batoi trademarks more prominently than your product or service name. You should maintain a visual distinction between your company and product name and any Batoi trademark.
- Do not create or use any logos that include a Batoi trademark unless your use is pursuant to a license from Batoi (for example, do not create your own Batoi compatibility logo).
Do not use the Batoi Corporate logo or any other Batoi logos, symbols, or icons on or in connection with products, packaging, manuals, promotional or advertising materials, or Websites for any purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Batoi.
You may place a text link to a Batoi Web page on your site if the text link is not a prominent feature on the site and is not used in a way that could confuse or mislead consumers. You may refer to the Batoi company name or Batoi product and service names in a plain text font and format, provided this use follows the general Batoi trademark guidelines and you include appropriate wording such as "This way to batoi.com." Except for the link logos as provided by Batoi, you may not use the Batoi corporate logo or any other Batoi logo or graphic to link to Batoi. You may use Batoi link logos only in accordance with the guidelines applicable to each logo as provided.
You may use Batoi product, service, and technology names on your Website to indicate that your Website runs on, or is compatible with, the referenced Batoi product or technology, provided the reference complies with the guidelines herein. Do not use any Batoi trademark in the title of your Website or as a second-level domain name. You may not use any Batoi logo without a license or written specifications from Batoi.
Publications, Seminars, and Conferences
You may refer to Batoi product, service, and technology names on the cover of magazines and periodicals, and in the title of seminars and conferences, provided you comply with the guidelines herein and the following specifications:
- The publication, seminar, or conference should relate to the specific Batoi product, service, or technology referenced.
- Your name and logo should appear more prominently than the Batoi word mark on all printed materials related to the magazine, periodical, seminar, or conference.
- A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by Batoi, similar to the example below, should be included on the publication and in all related printed materials:
"(Title) is an independent (publication) and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by BATOI SYSTEMS PRIVATE LIMITED."
- You should include a trademark attribution according to the notice format provided in the Use Trademark Notices section of this page.
- Do not use a Batoi trademark as the leading word or most prominent element in your magazine, periodical, seminar, or conference title. You may use Batoi trademarks in a referential manner such as "XYZ MAGAZINE for Batoi." Use outside this referential manner (such as "Batoi Magazine") requires a license from BATOI SYSTEMS PRIVATE LIMITED.
- Do not use the Batoi Corporate logo or any other Batoi logo on or in the publication, or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference. Special circumstances may merit a license from Batoi.
- Do not use a Batoi trademark in any manner that suggests Batoi affiliation with, sponsorship of, or certification of the magazine, periodical, seminar, or conference.
Box Shots, Screen Shots, and Icons
Box shots, screen shots, and some icons may be used pursuant to Batoi Accepted Use Policy.
Company, Product, Service, and Domain Names
Do not use or register any Batoi trademark, including Batoi logos, symbols, icons, or any potentially confusing variation thereof, as part of your company name, trade name, product name, service name, or domain name. Do not place your company name, trademarks, service marks, or product names next to, or combine them with, a Batoi product name.
Endorsement or Sponsorship
Do not use any Batoi trademark in any manner that expresses or implies Batoi affiliation, sponsorship, endorsement, certification, or approval. Do not use any Batoi trademark in such a manner that it appears Batoi is legally associated with your company. You must display your company name more prominently than any Batoi trademark on all materials.
Do not manufacture, sell, or give away merchandise items, such as T-shirts or mugs, that bear any Batoi trademark, including logos, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Batoi.
Trade Dress and Advertising Elements
Do not imitate Batoi logos, logotypes, trade dress, or other elements of Batoi product packaging and Websites in any of your materials, including but not limited to advertising, product packaging, Websites, and promotional materials.
Slogans and Taglines
Do not use or imitate any Batoi tagline, including but not limited to "IT for Everyone."
If you have any questions about these policy statements or violation of any of their clauses, contact us.